Compared to the 2013 WonderCon in the same Anaheim Convention Center location, this year it was able to secure halls A & B as well as the arena for larger events which was nice but also meant that this year they had a lot more attendees and traffic compared to last year.
Last year had some artist and creators that appeared from multiple national locations but were noticeably absent this year with a good portion of artists and creators being more LA/OC/San Diego locals that usually show up for the smaller regional events. Marvel Entertainment also was absent with nary a booth set-up this year compared to last year leading DC Comics and IDW, Aspen as having the larger booths for comic publishers.
Navigating the aisles was a lot harder this year with a good amount of people on Saturday and Sunday and clogging up the aisles especially in Hall B where the comic book booths were at.
Many artists in artists alley were busy and jammed if you were a B or A-lister!
See you next year WonderCon.
WonderCon-Anaheim 2014 Photos
- WonderCon-Anaheim registration hall
- Writer, Scott Snyder (Batman, Swamp Thing)
- Writer, Len Wein (Wolverine, Swamp Thing, Batman)
- Artist, Russ Heath (The Haunted Tank, Out Army at War)
- Writer, Richard Starkings (Elephant Men)
- Artist, Frank Cho (Liberty Meadows, Avengers, Savage Wolverine)
- Witchblade cos-player
- Dr. Who cos-players
- Artist, Marc Silvestri (Witchblade, Hulk, X-Men)
- Witchblade creator, Marc Silvestri, with Witchblade cos-player