Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Golf Review: Driver Review for 3/21/07

Comments: I've just had the chance to demo both the Sumo2 and the FT-i today since my local driving range had both a Nike and Callway demo day on the same day.

Callaway FT-i: Tried the 10.5 with lightweight flex shaft and draw bias.

Nike Sasquatch Sumo2: Tried the 10.5 with regular flex shaft.

While hoping to like the FT-i more since it does look sweet for a square, the Sumo2 actually hit further and dead center on every hit. The only let down for the Sumo2 was the sound that everyone complains about, it sounds like a very deep aluminum bat feel to it.

The FT-i (though it did have the draw bias to it) I still hit slices with and about maybe 5-10 yards less than the Sumo. The sound sounded better than the Sumo after hits but it still didn't sound as good as my Taylor Made R7.

I was hoping that these two square drivers would out drive my current R7 but I was able to hit them just about the same distance. So no dice on switching to either of these new drivers on my part.

No comments:

Comics Alliance