Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Movie Review: Robotech- The Shadow Chronicles- 4/12/07

Comments: As a Robotech fan I give SC a 7.5 out of 10. As a regular movie watcher I give SC a 4 out of 10. As a RT fan I liked seeing a continuation of the RT storyline even if the story was only so-so (but after watching other anime I didn;t think the storyline was that bad, it seemed like every average anime to me), seeing the mecha again and apart from everyone else's opinion I did like the 2D artwork used.

As a regular movie watcher I did not like how the movie ended with the hanging plot points (seeing how long it to SC to come out on DVD I expect the sequel to come out in 2018). The 3D battles ARE jarring to see, wish they kept them animated like in Mac Zero or Yukikaze. I was hoping to see some ground battles on earth vs. the Invid. The backgrounds on the characters were pretty sparse. And finally...boobs, yes they are big and distracting sometimess...but especially on Ariel and Janice's bodies sine for some reason they wear the super low V-neck suits.

P.S. What happened to the special features section? It was just a trailer and fan documentary? Not even the United Nations trailer. I did not like how when the producers and HG employees discussed RT or showed clips it was only Mospeada no mention of Macross or Southern Cross or why it took so long for SC to get back on-screen. I was on the look-out for Mokman the DVD...but I don't know what ya look like!

Score: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Comics Alliance