First I just turned off the laptop and removed and placed back the battery. Once I booted up and plugged the adapter in it showed 100% charge, but when I removed the cord, the battery setting read 96%. When I plugged the cord back in it read 100% still. So I knew there was an issue.
It does look like you have to do the disable, unplug AC, shutdown, then replug, boot-up to get the charge to start working again since when I just disabled/enabled, nothing changed.
Here are two ways to try and get your battery charging again.
- Turn off laptop and unplug the AC power.
- Remove the laptop battery.
- Put the AC power back in and turn on the laptop.
- When you are back up and running off of the AC power, shut down the computer again.
- Once shut down, unplug AC power.
- Put the laptop battery back in followed by the AC power again.
- Turn on laptop. Hover over the battery icon and hopefully the icon shows it charging now.
- You will need to go to your Device Manager and uninstall MS ACPI compliant Control Method Battery and then uninstall the device.
- Unplug the AC adapter then shut down the laptop.
- Re-plug in the AC adapter, then reboot. Roll-over and check the batter setting icon to make sure it reads Chargin. Did not have to scan for hardware changes.