Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Friday, May 11, 2007

Golf Review: RAM Laser Putter- 5/11/07

Comments: Ended up selling my RAM Laser putter (same as shown above the Wizard Evolution EVI model). After purchasing it several months ago I decided the feel wasn't working for Mr. Monster. I originally bought this RAM Laser putter at the local Target since I wanted a "Heavy Putter" type without paying the $200.00 cost for the name brand Heavy Putter.

I searched for something to be used on slow greens since I tend to stop short on my puts. Trying out this putter on the short range game was fine with good feedback though the length of the shaft seemed too long with about 36"-37".

This item came with a standard blue RAM corded grip, matching headcover, and a good blue with white alignment stripe on the head. I tried it out for a few games as well as practice putting but after one game where I had to put long range continuously (10-15 yards) I started to feel and hear the metallic "clink" sound that I just didn't feel for.

I like soft feeling putters and this just felt too hollow inside which offset the great heaviness it displayed. Maybe if the RAM Laser putter had a soft insert in the face this putter would come back into my bag, but hopefully the person who bought it off me on eBay is enjoying it.

Score: 2.5 out of 5

****************************************************

On a separate note Walmart was previously selling the Dunlop made John Daly 540cc "Grip it and Rip it" super-oversized driver on sale a month ago which I purchased at a good low price and resold, so if any of you want to try out a huge headed driver head over to your local store. I was told that the majority of the clubs at the store was at was on sale since they were moving the location of the golf items and were restocking with new stuff.

My local Walmart did not have the same sale at all. Though as I was walking out I was able to see in the clearance aisle a stack of Top Flite XL Tour and Straight golf balls for $3.00 (.20 cents a ball) which I bought one pack of the straights for the times I'm going over a water hazard or creek. I wish I bought more though when they had the CX3 Hot balls on sale for $10.00 since they sell regularly for $25.00.

No comments:

Comics Alliance