Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Golf Review: Nike Ignite Irons- 6/19/07

Comments: Geared toward the mid- to high-handicap player, this Nike Ignite iron set would likely be geared for my friends and I.


Pros: The Ignite irons launched the practice balls straight and high, but I felt the launch angle was a bit too high, the six iron was rocketing the balls in the air the same as my Top Flite 8- to 9-irons. The face angle and offset set my hits on a relatively straight angle and really worked well for me.


Cons: The negative I have to say on the set was the extreme mushy and muted feel to hits anywhere on the face. Hit it good or bad, the feel was the same, a resounding distant feel. I would prefer to feel a resounding “click” sound with a hit right off the center of the face. So if you would like to be able to feel the different hits of your club, the Ignite is not for you.


Overall: For the price, the Nike Ignites I’ve found them for around $400, the value is good. Great for beginners and the price isn’t going to gouge your wallet. Adhering to Nike’s bright colors such as their Sasquatch line, the irons come with a bright orange bar. For a set called “Ignite” I would have preferred a more reddish color.

Score: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Comics Alliance