Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Monday, June 18, 2007

Golf Review: Titleist D1 Driver - 6/18/07

Comments: Titleist’s new D1 “triangle” driver showcasing the company’s high MOI club dedicated to the all-around golfer...supposedly.


Pros: It’s a Titleist brand, shape is more pleasing triangle than the block square clubs of their competitors. Nice simple design on the club head.


Cons: For a driver designed for the everyday player, this D1 club hit inconsistently for me and even worse when compared to the square drivers from other companies. The distance I got was marginally lower than my current driver and shots sprayed to the left. The sound also had a hollow aluminum bat sound to it usually noted to the Sumo2 and FT-i.


Overall: The D1 driver was a disappointment in my eyes for a Titleist driver that should have worked well for a high-handicapper like myself looking for straighter drives. For the high-price and quality and technology this club was to deliver, I was expecting more especially in the hitting sound and distance. I’ve still not seen anyone on the range or course with the Titleist D1. I am now curious to try last year’s version the 905 to see if I can hit that driver and hoping the face is not too square or open since it’s suppose to be a true “Players” club.

Score: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Comics Alliance