Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Golf Review: Upcoming review of Long Beach demo day at Roger Dunn Golf Shops on 6/9/07



Went with a friend all the way down to attend the Roger Dunn Golf Shop demo day in Long Beach, CA (near the 405 & 710 Fwy.) to try out a whole gaggle of OEM products. Some items I did try surprised me with their performance that were better than expected and some products I thought were going to be great were a disappointment.

I will review in detail the products I did test and try out (drivers, irons, woods and hybrids) at a later time when I have a chance to get some pictures and do a detailed report. Here though is a list of the items my friend and I tried out. I do wish more of the OEMs would bring in their putters to demo as well since the putting green was empty and would have definitely been a good addition to the try-outs, I know that they do not have enough people to staff a separate area away from their tents, but maybe get an employee of the store site to man the putting area to watch the customers so they don't take off with the putters. That'd be sweet.

I think putter purchases would be more of a definite impulse purchase since they retail for way less than buying a new driver or irons so it'd be easier for people to actually buy something rather than wait and see attitude because of the large $$ to buy the sets sold at these demo days.


Items tested:
  • Callaway Golf- FT-5 driver
  • TaylorMade - Superquad r7 driver, Burner driver, r7 460 driver, r7 cgb irons
  • Cobra - M-Speed LD driver, baffler hybrid, S9 irons
  • Ping Golf - G5 driver
  • Cleveland Golf - CG Red and Gold irons, Hibore XL
  • Nike Golf - SQ Sumo driver, Ignite & CCI irons
  • Titleist - 907 D1 driver, 775 cb irons
  • Nickent- 4DX driver & 3DX irons
  • Adams - Skipped
  • Mizuno - MX 19, 25, and 900 irons
  • Tour Edge - Exotics 3 wood
  • Sonartec - MD hybrid

No comments:

Comics Alliance