Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Monday, June 18, 2007

Golf Review: Titleist 775 CB Irons- 6/18/07

Comments: Routinely described as the “Player’s” irons, I decided to give the 775 CB a try even though my last trip to my local Nevada Bob’s Golf Shop the sales person told me to stay away from the Titleist brand due to my 25 handicap. All forums I’ve read said the same thing discouraging beginners and high-handicappers from the Titleist brand, boy were they wrong.

Pros: the 775 CB is Titleist’s closet version of irons aimed at the mid-handicappers with it’s cavity back and offset head. Taking the six-iron in hand both myself and my friend busted the range balls high and straight down the range. I was impressed with the control I had with the irons both when I was fresh in hitting as well as when I came back to the Titleist tent tired, the hits maintained were straight and high. The feel of the hits were butter, meaning I could hit the irons anywhere and get a good responsive feel so I could change my hits if needed to get a better launch.


Cons: The price! As with most Titleist products, it’s hard to find a low priced set.


Overall: Great looking set with a nice red band in the higher lofted irons shown. Forget what others say, even if you’re new to golf try out this set since it feels and plays well. Be sure though that you have the dough to purchase this otherwise you’ll hate yourself for not being able to by this set after you demo the product.


Score: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Comics Alliance