Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Comic Book Resources

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MOTW Rant: Orange County Performing Arts Center and Phantom of the Opera- 5/6/08



After reading "Meatball Sundae" the marketing analysis book that got me all rev'd up I decided to chuck in a rant I have recently had at the Costa Mesa location of the Orange County Performing Arts Center when I purchased tickets to the Phantom of the Opera play. A complaint follows.
I made the purchase for the Phantom in late 2007 in anticipation for the play to arrive in March 2008 as a present to Mrs. Monster. I made the purchase online the very first day they became available so I could score two front row tickets to a Saturday performance. I ponied up the cash and anticipated being near the performance. As a person who rarely goes to plays, I have seen a good amount these last few years.

At the OCPAC we recently saw Rent, Chicago and now Phantom.
Just a month before the play I get a call from the box office saying that the first few rows of seats were not being offered since the stage was going to be extended for the performance, so the tickets I purchased several months in advance were not going to be offered. I was given a selection of seats available for my performance date. None were in the front, actually they were in the middle section.

I was aghast that I was not offered a more comparable seat nor discount for my purchase or even future purchases. I did not break any rules or regulations, and now they offer me subpar seats at the same price. Unfortunately I could not cancel my tickets since they were to be a gift for the birthday week of the Mrs. This is what I call a break in customer service in not appreciating a customer's purchase, an advance one at that and not keeping a promise.

I expect better treatment as a paying customer and will rue the day if I have to select another engagement at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.

Orange County Performing Arts Center + Customer Service = FAIL

No comments:

Comics Alliance